We are excited that you have decided to volunteer and serve our patients and families. Please call Tami Clark at 937.390.9665 for questions about how to volunteer.
Ohio’s Hospice requires that all volunteers providing direct patient care be at least 18 years of age. There are no age restrictions for community service, administrative support and non-direct patient volunteers.
- Volunteer Application along with two personal references.
- Criminal Background Check required for anyone 18 years of age and older.
- Performed at Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton, free of charge.
- Must receive results stating “no criminal history”, prior to attending training.
- When a volunteer who is a minor turns 18 he/she becomes eligible to perform direct patient care volunteer duties and at that time a criminal background check would be required.
- 2-Step TB Test
- ALL new volunteers must have an initial TB done – regardless of whether or not you have had one done in the past.
- TB tests will be administered at Volunteer Orientation, free of charge.
- If you have had a TB test done in the past 12 months and can provide proof of TB screening or PPD, it will not be necessary for you to have a second TB.
- If you cannot take the Mantoux skin test, you will need to provide a copy of your x-ray results.
- Volunteer Training (some positions may not require training)
- Volunteer Orientation
- Caring Angels (direct patient care/contact class)
- Additional training/shadowing as needed for specific volunteer positions
There shall be no discrimination against an otherwise qualified adult volunteer by reason of disability, age, race, color, ethnicity, sex, creed, national origin, citizenship, or socioeconomic status.