Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice care is a philosophy that embraces family members, providing care for them along with hospice patients. We recognize that a life-limiting illness impacts everyone in the family circle. That’s why support for family caregivers is a major focus of our care and services.
We provide caregiver education and resources to help caregivers who are attending to patients in the home. Ohio’s Community Mercy HOspice provides:
nurseavailable by phone 24/7 to answer questions.
- An extended-hours
staffavailable to assist when needed.
- Trained volunteers to support caregivers with errands, household chores and more. Volunteers are friendly visitors who listen and provide emotional support. They can also sit with a patient to give caregivers a short break from their duties.
- Personal Care Specialists to help with patient care, including feeding, bathing, and personal grooming.
- Social workers to provide emotional support for caregivers and identify community resources that can help meet family needs.
- Chaplains to support family members and patients, respecting individual faith traditions and keeping the family connected with their faith community.
- Grief support during patient care and in the months following the loss of a loved one.
Our hospice team is attentive to the toll of caregiving and helps to make sure caregivers practice self-care. We can help develop strategies to assure caregivers:
- Maintain a sense of well-being
- Are getting the rest they need
- Are addressing their own health concerns
- Are getting a break when they need one
Most importantly, Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice can provide superior care and superior services to assure that caregivers have the time and strength they need to spend precious time with seriously ill loved ones.